1.03.2008

it has been a while..

i've been slacking on the blog... i need to post the montana stuff. i didn't have the time to shoot much, we we're busy, and a little on edge about shooting in knee-deep snow on the side of a mountain.

and i'm broke and couldn't afford film.

but regardless there will be some, probably mostly some of josh's photos of me. proof that i was there.

so, look out.. some stuff is coming.

until then, a conversation i particularly enjoy from Twin Peaks.

transcribed, screen-play style by me.

Bobby Briggs enters the diner.. sits down, and finishes a cigarette. he hears:

"Son?", from Major Briggs, his father.

he turns around to find his father enjoying some pie and coffee at a booth:

Major Briggs: "Would you, care to join me?"
Bobby: [sighs] "Sure"

Bobby puts his cigarette out sarcastically, saunters over, and slimps into the booth with his father.

Major Briggs: "How was school today?"
Bobby: "School? School was good. How was work?"
Major Briggs: "Work was good."
Bobby: "Dad.."
Major Briggs: "Yes son?"
Bobby: "What is it... exactly, that you do?"
Major Briggs: [still contently enjoying his pie] "That's classified."

having heard this his whole life, Bobby rolls his eyes and arrogantly starts entertaining himself with the table's contents and his zippo

Major Briggs: "Bobby, would you care for a piece of pie? The huckleberries are particularly delicious today."
Bobby: No, thanks Dad."
Major Briggs: "Particularly fresh, and delicious."

Major Briggs finishes his pie, wipes his mouth neatly, and puts his napkin on the table.

Major Briggs: "Bobby, may I share something with you?"
Bobby: [nervously] "Ok"
Major Briggs: "A vision, I had in my sleep last night. As distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the days events by the subconscious; a vision fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself."

Bobby seems sufficiently confused and bored..The Major continues..

"In my vision I was on the verandah of vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it, a light from within this gleaming, radiant marble. I had known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there and this was my first return, a reunion with the deepest well-springs of my being. As I wondered about I noticed happily that the house has been immaculately maintained and there had been added to it a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with its original construction that one would not detect any difference. Returning to the house's grand foyer, there came a knock on the door. I opened it, and my son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced, a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We we're, in this moment, one. My vision ended, and I awoke with an overwhelming feeling of optimism and confidence in you, and your future. That was my vision Bobby, it was you."

Bobby is left touched, in spite of himself.

Major Briggs: "I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you."

Major Briggs stands and extends his hand.

Major Briggs: "I wish you nothing but the very best in all things."

Bobby: [holding back tears] "Thanks, Dad."

2 comments:

breanne! said...

did you know theses people, or were you just a voyeur..?
you should make some little films brett, that was really interestingly.

Unknown said...

I also love this scene. Been digging on that new gold box set.